Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection will launch a new “Super Ship” on the Seine in 2017. At 125 metres, the 128-passenger Joie de Vivre will be slightly smaller than the line’s other ships, allowing it dock in the heart of Paris. Interiors will be designed by Uniworld’s sister-company Red Carnation Hotels and furnished with antiques and artwork from Sotheby’s and Christie’s auction houses. “This will be the most beautiful ship sailing the Seine and will provide every possible comfort for our guests,” said Uniworld president Guy Young. The ship will feature a swimming pool with a hydraulic cover that transforms into a cinema or dance floor, and two dining venues: Le Restaurant Pigalle and La Cave de Vins, open for private dinners and wine pairings.
Top Cruise News
- Regal Princess to bring MedallionClass to Singapore
- Explorer Dream launch marks major expansion for Genting Cruise Lines
- Best cruises out of Singapore in 2023 and early 2024
- Longer itineraries in the works for Royal Caribbean in Asia
- Cutting-Edge Features and Unforgettable Fun: Why Families Love the Quantum of the Seas
- On Board the Viking Polaris: A New Way to Explore Antarctica with Comfort and Responsibility
- Explore the Last Frontier: Epic Alaska Adventure Awaits!
- Singapore has struck a major blow against rival Asian cruise markets
- Genting amps up health plan for Star Cruises and Dream Cruises
- Singapore’s cruise industry will be strong again
- Dream Cruises Genting Dream resumes Asian sailings
- Princess Cruises completes disembarkation of all Diamond Princess guests